OUR FAVORITE CITY STATE
There’s a great new Love Letter to Singapore. Have you seen the hot new movie, Crazy Rich Asians? This fun film just shows us why we long to return to our favorite Asian city state. Take a look at the trailer for the movie, and you must see it soon!
CNN also has put together a must-see list, which you can visit here!
This Asian city-state is crazy organized and everything works. It makes the Swiss seem like Bohemians it’s probably one of the easiest places in the world to get around in. Of course it’s the home and hub for Singapore Airlines, and Savvy Navigator thinks it’s a perfect spot for a 2-3 day stopover en-route to other destinations in Southeast Asia. We love the night market more than any other in the world, and if you’re a capitalist or Type-A personality, you’ll feel right at home here.
Sleep — at The Forest by Wangz – a hotel perpetually rated amongst the best in Singapore. Located right in the heart of the city, staying at one of the 38 beautifully appointed rooms is sure to leave you refreshed and reinvigorated.
Experience — the Singapore Flyer, one of the largest observation wheels in the world. Visit at dusk when the full panorama of Singapore’s skyscrapers are bathed in the beautiful orange and pink tones of an Asian sunset.
Splurge — on the latest technology at Funan Digitallife Mall – an entire mall dedicated to the latest and greatest in gadgets. If you’re prepared to haggle, and pay in cash, you’ll score some pretty incredible deals.
Eat — at Jaan, the French Restaurant located on the 70th floor of The Stamford Hotel. If the award-winning cuisine doesn’t bowl you over, the panoramic views of the city at night surely will. For cheaper eats, we love the noodles at the Night Market.
Drink — at The Library, one of the most unusual cocktails bars in Singapore. With expertly prepared cocktails served in miniature bathtubs, amongst other things, you won’t find anywhere else like The Library!
Savor — the beauty of the Singapore Botanic Gardens, home to an indigenous Singaporean rainforest as well as the famous Orchid Garden. Soak up life in the city as the locals do with some Tai Chi on the lawns or a gentle stroll through the gardens.
Visit — the Kampong Glam district, home to incredible traditional architecture, vibrant eateries and trendy retailers. A work through the district will give you a real sense of the cosmopolitan nature of the city and its people.
See — one of Asia’s best kept modern art secrets at Singapore’s Ritz-Carlton Hotel. Unusually for a hotel, the Ritz-Carlton is home to one of the best art collections on the continent and houses works by Andy Warhol and Henry Moore amongst others.
Shop — in Haji Lane, one of the trendiest streets on the planet. Rivaling Le Marias in Paris or New York’s Meatpacking District, Haji Lane is full of designer clothing boutiques, trendy housewares stores and hip eateries.
Know — more about the fascinating history of Asia at Singapore’s Asian Civilizations Museum. The grand building was built in 1865 and houses artifacts from China, South East Asia, South West Asia and Western Asia and provides fascinating insight into the continents rich history.
1. Afar takes all the hassle out of planning your trip by putting it all in one place. Plan where you want to stay, eat, drink, shop and be merry then save your itinerary to your smartphone. The site also comes with pre-planned excursions ranging from 1 day in the City to three or more.
2. City Nomads is THE definitive Singapore guide by locals, for locals. With up-to-date previews of forthcoming events, to an A-Z restaurant list, you won’t get much more scoop on the city than this.
3. Fabsearch operates in cities around the world and provides the ultimate travel and event guide from local trendsetters..
4. YourSingapore aggregates content from a number of Singaporean speciality sites so it is regularly updated with great local listings and updates.
5. The Insider’s Guide to Singapore is exactly that. With curated lists, a comprehensive event guide and general city tips, it’s an extremely handy resource for someone looking to make the most of the city.