The long-awaited Hot List of our favorite honeymoon destinations is here! We think these spots are amazing and authentic, while still offering a luxurious travel experience! As you plan your dream honeymoon adventure…let us show you the way! These destinations are not to be missed and with our Savvy Secret Network, we have all the best local experts to help you plan the perfect honeymoon!
1) South African Safari – An African Photo Safari is #1 on our list and South Africa is THE place to do it. With amazing wildlife viewing and beautiful safari lodges, this is where you want to go on your honeymoon. Add in the food and wine scene of Cape Town, shark-cage diving in the Indian Ocean, and a spectacular beach retreat in neighboring Mozambique, and you’ve got a honeymoon that will be the envy of your friends. With the South African Rand at its lowest level in years, your honeymoon dollar goes much, much further than ever.
2) Fiji & Tahiti – OK, you’ve dreamed about the bungalows over the water and these South Pacific Islands are an excellent place to escape from everything! You’re on the other side of the world, there’s no better place to relax! Enjoy the beautiful palm-tree-lined beaches and clear blue waters. If you tire of all that relaxation you can also have fun diving, surfing, mountain climbing, or a host of other adventure sports. Logistically, the South Pacific is easier to get to now with daily flights from the west coast. And if you’re headed to Australia or New Zealand (see # 6 below), the islands make for a great stopover!
3) Costa Rica – Basically in our same time zone and a much shorter flying time than other, exotic destinations, this Central-American gem offers everything at a great price – amazing beaches, rainforests, world-class adventure activities, luxury resorts, and a whole lot more. If you’re ready for off-the-beaten path, but are time-starved for the exotic, Central America is where you need to head!
4) The Galapagos Islands – The experience of a lifetime! This volcanic archipelago off the coast of Ecuador is one of the world’s preeminent destinations for wildlife observation. Bike to find blue- footed boobies and iguanas, hike to discover Galapagos tortoises, and snorkel with the sea lions! The best way to explore these Islands is a luxury yacht or smaller adventure cruise vessel.
5) Sicily, Italy – Ciao! Of course there are the stalwart Italian favorites of Tuscany and the Amalfi Coast, but our up-and-coming passion destination is Sicily! Just to the left of the toe of Italy’s boot and the largest island in the Mediterranean it is charming and exquisitely beautiful. Explore ancient Greek ruins, hike on the volcanic slopes of Mt. Etna, take a Sicilian cooking class, go to a wine tasting in Sicily’s wine region or plan a day trip to the spectacular Aeolian Islands. All the trappings of a wonderfully diverse honeymoon are here on Sicily!
6) Australia & New Zealand – You definitely need more than a week to head Down Under, but if exotic, far-flung adventure is on the agenda, then the South Pacific is where you need to head. Do the deeper dive trip to just New Zealand, or Australia, or combine both countries for a longer trip. These places have it all – food, wine, cocktails, beach, scuba diving, sun, luxury, adventure, and more.
7) Thailand – The most-requested Asian honeymoon destination gives you beaches, culture, the urban excitement of Bangkok, and all for a great price. Newlyweds love the beaches near Phuket on the Malay Peninsula, trekking up in the north near Chiang Mai, coupled (no pun intended) with a fabulous luxury hotel in Bangkok. Now is your chance to experience Pad Thai noodles directly from the source!
8) The Caribbean – Hey, it’s close, easy to get to, has beautiful crystal blue water and gorgeous white sandy beaches! There are also some amazing resorts and hotels in the more non-traditional destinations. Of course there are the all-inclusives that offer good value, but our favorites these days are St. Bart’s, the Turks and Caicos, and a few of the specialty cruise lines. It’s hard not to love!
BONUS: Hawaii! OK, the most-classic USA honeymoon destination is HOT! And we’ve recently discovered some great new destinations and activities on the islands. Specifically there are some small-ship, luxury adventure cruises that circumnavigate the islands that have caught our attention. And the luxury hotels and resorts on Maui can’t be beat. So we think Hawaii is definitely worth a second look!
Give us a shout! We’d love to help you figure out the perfect Honeymoon destination! No one knows Honeymoons and Romance Travel better than Savvy Navigator!
email@example.com (917) 475-6999